Friday, July 8, 2011

Back Home!

Apologies to readers out there for my silence. I had no idea beforehand how important a peaceful Friday is to my blogging career. And there were none of those while I was travelling. Consequently I have many topics to post because it was a very stimulating trip.

Not least the TRISP Conference in New York where I started. Before I get into it - and I think there will probably be about 4 postings on that alone - perhaps travellers to JFK might like to know that the queue at the border was 2 hours long in early May. They fingerprint both hands and take a picture of every entrant. They probably didn't realise that my fingertips are so worn down I don't have any fingerprints left - something I discovered when trying to renew my driver's licence recently.  Thus began my life of crime. (Someone should warn the police to watch out for aging criminals!) I took an illegal picture while waiting in the queue on my new Blackberry before an official came to tell me off. I will post it when I figure out how to transfer the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment